North American Land Surveyors Canoe Team Logo

North American Land Surveyors  Canoe Team Logo
Logo Designed by Denny DeMeyer.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recon Trip

28 and 29 March 2011.

I decided to make a quick roadie and check out some of the sights along the first half of the Brigade. The weather wasn't the best for my trip but all we can do about the weather is complain about it. I left Vancouver in the afternoon of March 28th and drove to Monroe, WA, to do a counterclockwise trip. Next morning I am up before daylight and start heading east toward Wenatchee. It was raining when I left and by the time I got to the top of Stevens Pass, it was snowing hard. The speed limit in summer is 60 mph, in winter 50 mph. I was doing 20 mph. There was 2.5 metres (8') of snow on both sides of the road.By the time I got to Wenatchee, on the Columbia River, it was dry and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment